quinta-feira, 31 de março de 2011

The chairs disappeared!!??


Last week I had to present new vocabulary to two of my students - one of them is 7 and the other one is 9. The vocabulary consisted in simple words, such as: chairs, doors, beds, lamps, tables and windows. I had printed some images from Google previously so that I could work with some "handmade flashcards". I placed all the pictures on the desk and taught the words one by one. After doing it I asked them to close their eyes because I'd take one of those pictures out so they'd have to guess which picture was not on the desk anymore by saying the corresponding word. So, for example, I'd take the picture of the tables out and they would have to say "tables!" and so on. As kids love participating actively in games and most of the times they love being the "game leader", after showing how the activity was it was my turn to close my eyes and they were the ones who were going to take pictures out. Getting students really involved in a class activity and even in its preparation, like simply helping the teacher organize some flashcards, makes them feel part of the whole environment where they simply learn without even noticing it. Simple and great activity! See you, colleague!

2 comentários:

  1. Hi Bianca!

    you're invited to visit my blog. It would be a pleasure if you could tell me what do u think of it! :)

    I'll wait for you!

    Regards!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Hi, there! I'll check on your blog for sure! Thanks for passing by!

    ResponderExcluir