sábado, 9 de abril de 2011

Let's go shopping!


Is there a better way of practicing shopping vocabulary and structures than really...shopping? I guess not. Some teachers like taking their students out to a certain store or supermermarket in order to practice the content and I really think it's an awesome idea, even though not too practical. With kids it's possible to play you're at a store IN CLASS! All you need is the material you're working on, for example, pens, pencils, erasers, etc. If you have some "fake money" (I explain: the one you get at any $ 1,99 store and kids love using to play at home) the game turns out to be even more interesting. Well, I made use of this activity last week and the result was pretty good. After presenting the dialogue I needed them to use during the task, I wrote a simple part of it on the board so that my student was able to follow it during the exercise. We organized some objects on the desk, I gave her some "money" and told her she could come into my store and buy stuff! Then, it was my turn to be the customer. I've been working a lot with kids lately and I'm getting to the conclusion that the best way for them to learn is simply by playing. With some creativity, we, teachers, can transmit what we have to in a very light (and funny!) way for them and for us, why not? Have a great weekend, colleague!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário