sexta-feira, 5 de fevereiro de 2016

About teens and cell phones in the classroom...

Hi, there!A problem I had last semester and I'll probably have this one is dealing with cell phones in the classroom. My teen students insist on checking messages they receive during class and even though I call their attention, it continuously happens... this is why I'm trying to find ways to avoid the use of cell phones during the lessons (my next post!). So today I started searching on the Net about this matter and I found an interesting article (www.theatlantic.com) which brings the reality in most American High Schools nowadays. By reading it, I could understand the issue is still polemic once some education writers state that cell phones can be useful in class and that it has some benefits, such as giving students a chance to collaborate with each other,serving as a recording device or as notepads. But according to the article, none of these can overcome one very basic disadvantage which is that cell phones distract students from schoolwork and class activities. Besides, still based on the article, Peter Bregmen (Harvard Business Review Blog Network) wrote that multitasking can reduce productivity by as much as 40%, increase stress and cause a 10-point fall in IQ. Wow!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário