sábado, 17 de julho de 2010

Something about another book.


As a private teacher I’ve already taught certain students who wanted to improve their English because they were working in a hotel. I really believe that in these cases the best thing to do is to work with a specific material because they get more motivated, deal with real situations and that’s why it’s possible for them to practice what they learn in class at work every day! So I decided to get this book some time ago. What a regret! Honestly, I didn’t like it. The book doesn’t bring useful dialogues and instead, it presents lots of grammar and also some information which are not, in my opinion, relevant to those kind of students who look for an English teacher simply in order to learn how to communicate with their foreign guests. Well, that's it for today, colleague! Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comentários:

  1. Hey, Bianca!

    I'm glad you're back! =)
    I've been away for a while too but Im starting to get back to work and all the class, book and students stuff.
    Well, about teaching students who need English to work in a hotel I haven't found a really good and specific material yet. Once I used a "Business English" book wich I can't remember the name now. The thing is, there are good ones for that subject and they usually bring situations to deal with hotel reservations, telephone calls, problems in the room, etc. Way more useful than this one you mentioned on your post.
    I'll check the name of the book I've used and I'll let you know.

    Have a nice weekend.
    xoxo

    Polly

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Hi, Polly!!!! It's great to have you back! Well, there's one that I've already worked with and its name is "Enjoy your Stay". Though, it's not really complete. I remember I always had to prepare something extra in order to improve my class. Anyway, I'd love to know the name of the book that you mention in your comment.
    Kisses!!!

    ResponderExcluir