segunda-feira, 1 de fevereiro de 2010

Teaching "What time does it start? What channel is it on?"


When there's a lesson in which I have to teach my student(s) how to talk about TV shows I bring to class real things, so that they can practice using true information, being able to talk about the shows that are usually watched by them and because of that the content is consolidated in a much easier and nicer way. The last time I had to show my students how to ask about the time a certain TV show would start and also the channel on which the program would be shown I brought to class copies of a page from a cable TV magazine. If you work with big groups don't worry 'cause it's not necessary to take a xerox copy for all of them. You can divide them in pairs and they can use the same photocopy for the activity. After presenting the content leave the sentences on the board so that the students are able to follow them during the task asking and answering questions using the name, the time and the channel of a TV show they have chosen. Simple as that!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário