quarta-feira, 9 de junho de 2010

Use American magazines in class and have a nice reading lesson!


As I leave in a small town I don’t have access to good American magazines (only Speak Up or Actual English), so when I go to Rio I don’t miss the chance of buying one of those. Some time ago I bought a Vogue and this time I got People magazine. Everybody tends to read about what we’re INTERESTED IN and sometimes a text from a book doesn’t seem sooooo interesting. That’s why using a popular American magazines can work as a good reading activity. The instructor should separate the best articles from it and take copies. Once you have time during class, you may give a copy to your student(s) and practice reading in a fun way. Questions related to the article or even some grammar exercises may also be prepared beforehand. Remember? Reading doesn’t really have to be boring. See you tomorrow, colleague!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário