segunda-feira, 26 de abril de 2010

Introducing the topic of a new unit.


When I’m starting a new unit I really don’t like going straight to the first task without preparing my student for the subject we’re about to discuss. So yesterday I was preparing my classes for this week and I had to think about something in order to introcuce the theme “neighbours”. I thought about asking him some personal questions about it like: “Do you know your neighbours?”, etc. But the first activity would be just like this one and I didn’t want to be repetitive. Then I remembered... Google images!! I searched for a good picture and I found this one which illustrates really well what the new lesson is about! I’m going to show my student this picture and elicit its description!!This way he'll be able to know a little about what is about to come and also start talking about it! Great pre-listening exercise, too! Perfect!Colleague, notice that you can use images from Google for everything you need!! Summing up: A brief and effective way to introduce the topic of the next lesson. Have a great day!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário