quinta-feira, 5 de agosto de 2010

Teaching Object Pronouns.


I don’t know if it happens to you but every time I have to teach object pronouns I feel my students get a little confused. The book brings a good way to introduce the grammar point which is “leaving telephone messages”, but, in my opinion, there aren’t enough exercises. That’s why I thought about creating something extra in order to have my students really confident about those pronouns. Once I really couldn’t think about any better way to make my students understand the usage of the new structures, I went on with this “message” idea, but instead of writing or simply reading a conversation, my students would have to role play the situation with only some clues I’d give them. So I wrote (I didn’t even use the computer this time!) “Mr Jones/meet at the Chinese restaurant/9 pm”. So Student A should pretend to be calling student B and he/she should ask for “Mr Jones” and leave the given message. This way they would have to use the proper object pronoun and I’d be able to know if they really got the grammar lesson. If you work with large groups a nice idea would be to use real telephones (those ones that don’t work and some English schools usually have for that purpose) so the group, divided in pairs or smaller teams, could role play the situation and have a lot of fun at the same time! Meet you here tomorrow, colleague! Have a nice day!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário