terça-feira, 30 de março de 2010

A Family Tree


Once students always learn faster when they deal with real situations, I think it would be a good idea to ask them to bring pictures of THEIR family in order to work with them during the corresponding lesson. So, in advance the teacher could ask the group (or even a private student, why not?) to bring a family photo to class. This would work really well not only to set the scene but also to present the “family members”. I’d start showing a picture of my family and at the same time I’d teach the vocabulary related to the content putting the words on the board so that the students could follow them. Then, it would be my student’s turn to talk about his/her family photo. I’d ask my student about the people in the picture with questions like: “Who’s he?”, “Who’s she?”, “Who are they?”, eliciting from him/her the vocabulary I've just presented. If you work with large groups you can model the exercise with a student and then divide them in pairs to do the same! See you tomorrow, colleague!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário