segunda-feira, 22 de março de 2010

Talking about clothes


I have to confess that in my mini school I’ve got a huge folder with pictures divided in categories: famous people, furniture, occupations, clothes...and I always make use of them when I want to teach my students. But this time I’m not going to write about pictures. Instead, I’m gonna give you a good idea for a “wrap up” (as I was writing about their importance two days ago). This activity is great for those last five minutes of class, after you’ve presented and practiced the theme “clothes” with your students. Teacher should bring to class a handkerchief that can be used to blindfold a student. So in the end of your lesson ask if there’s a volunteer and place a desk in front of the class. The volunteer should sit down and, blindfolded, answer the following question: “What’s João (or any other classmate) wearing today?”. The volunteer is supposed to answer the question using the vocabulary learned, like: “He’s wearing a white T-shirt, a pair of jeans, and blue sneakers”. You can also practice short answers asking, for example, "Is Maria wearing a pair of white socks today?". Remember to give that brave student a reward for participating, and have fun!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário