sexta-feira, 5 de março de 2010

Speak up is really awesome!


Believe it or not, this was the first time I bought the magazine (R$ 16,00) and I simply loved it! I had already heard of it many times but this was the very first time I got the chance to sit down and check it out. I'm always looking for new material to use in my classes and Speak up will be great to improve my students' reading. Once reading is something English learners usually don't like doing, I'm pretty sure they'd get much more interested in reading if it were about a subject they are really interested in. And we, as teachers, have to think about alternative ways to keep them practicing. My idea is to link an article from Speak Up with the unit I have to teach. So for example, a lesson about American cities. I'd give my student as an extra activity an article about a certain city(plus a Listening practice because a CD comes with the magazine!)and to implement even more I could show a scene or two from a DVD which is related to the topic! I guess it would be nice! Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comentários: